Father God,
In a world filled with difficulty, disease, and destruction, it's good to stop and reflect on how much You have blessed us. While I could list so many material, physical, and emotional blessings, those are not on the top of my list this Thanksgiving Day. Today I just want to thank You for the gift of knowing You.
- You made life bearable when I thought I couldn't go on.
- You gave me joy on dull, boring days.
- You put me back together when my life shattered in pieces.
- You gave peace when doubts filled my troubled soul.
- You comforted me in times of sorrow.
- You rescued me when my feet veered off Your righteous path.
- You strengthened me when I felt too weak to do what You wanted me to do.
I could go on and on and never exhaust how good You have been to me in:
- loving me when I'm unloving,
- adopting me so that I can claim Jesus as my brother,
- giving me a hope for eternity,
- and walking with me every step of this life.
Thank you for all You have done, but thank You, especially, for who You are. You never change. You will always be faithful. You will never leave me. You You.
Thank You that You allowed me to get to know You. You are more precious than anything else I could list on this Thanksgiving Day.
I am forever grateful.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment