Lord God,
What an incredible gift You have given us in giving us salvation! Sometimes I think that if I could just describe it adequately to people, no one would refuse it.
Thank You that when You saved us You gave us forgiveness, freedom, and healing for our sin-sick souls. Sin so easily entraps us. We try to break free from its grasp, but we do not have the power to overcome its tantalizing ways that trip us up and close us in. Yet You offer forgiveness and set us free.
Thank You that You adopted us into Your family. We went from being Your enemies to being Your children. Jesus, the King of Kings, became our elder brother. We became princes and princesses in a kingdom that will never end.
Thank You that You gave us Your Holy Spirit to comfort us when we're in distress, to guide us when we're confused, and to intercede for us when we can't find the right words to pray. I can't imagine going through life without His power in my life.
There are so many other gifts You give us when You give us salvation: peace that goes beyond human understanding, grace to bear up under intense pressure, joy in the midst of sorrow; mercy even when we deserve judgment, a home with You forever when life on earth is over, and so much more.
How can I ever thank You enough? I can't. So I just say,
Thank You, God.
Amen.
Photo: Standing on the beach in the Dominican Republic, I wondered at the greatness of God why He would stoop to include humans in His grand plan. All I can do is thank Him.
What an incredible gift You have given us in giving us salvation! Sometimes I think that if I could just describe it adequately to people, no one would refuse it.
Thank You that You adopted us into Your family. We went from being Your enemies to being Your children. Jesus, the King of Kings, became our elder brother. We became princes and princesses in a kingdom that will never end.
Thank You that You gave us Your Holy Spirit to comfort us when we're in distress, to guide us when we're confused, and to intercede for us when we can't find the right words to pray. I can't imagine going through life without His power in my life.
There are so many other gifts You give us when You give us salvation: peace that goes beyond human understanding, grace to bear up under intense pressure, joy in the midst of sorrow; mercy even when we deserve judgment, a home with You forever when life on earth is over, and so much more.
How can I ever thank You enough? I can't. So I just say,
Thank You, God.
Amen.
Photo: Standing on the beach in the Dominican Republic, I wondered at the greatness of God why He would stoop to include humans in His grand plan. All I can do is thank Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment