Last night at our church, people stood to give praise to God for His goodness and mercy in their lives. Our normal midweek service takes about an hour and fifteen minutes. Last night's testimony time took over two hours. Since there were so many people wanting to praise the Lord, I kept my praises short. This will also be short since I will continue tomorrow with more thanks. I hope that you can use this prayer as your own to give thanks to God.
Lord,
How I praise Your name. You have turned my mourning into dancing. You have taken away my heaviness and given me gladness. (Psalm 30:11) You have surprised me with Your kindness over and over again. Thank You.
You showed me mercy when You saved me from sin and destruction. Thank You for Jesus's death on the cross that covers my sins. Every day Your peace, protection, presence, and power surround me. You walk with me through dark valleys. You pull me away from sin's temptations. You enable me to walk in victory.
Thank You for friends and families that will gather around our table today. Thank You for relationships that help us in this life. Thank You, especially, that for those who know and love You, our relationships will last into eternity.
Today we will celebrate with a feast. Thank You for the opportunity to feast together. Thank You for feasting days when we see and experience the abundance You have poured into our lives. Thank You for taste buds to enjoy it.
We pray for those who are homeless or who do not have loved ones with whom they will gather. Provide for their needs, Lord, and lead them to You.
How could I ever thank You enough for all You have done? I can't. But I will praise and thank You throughout the day today on this day we have marked for giving thanks.
Amen.
Lord,
How I praise Your name. You have turned my mourning into dancing. You have taken away my heaviness and given me gladness. (Psalm 30:11) You have surprised me with Your kindness over and over again. Thank You.
You showed me mercy when You saved me from sin and destruction. Thank You for Jesus's death on the cross that covers my sins. Every day Your peace, protection, presence, and power surround me. You walk with me through dark valleys. You pull me away from sin's temptations. You enable me to walk in victory.
Thank You for friends and families that will gather around our table today. Thank You for relationships that help us in this life. Thank You, especially, that for those who know and love You, our relationships will last into eternity.
Today we will celebrate with a feast. Thank You for the opportunity to feast together. Thank You for feasting days when we see and experience the abundance You have poured into our lives. Thank You for taste buds to enjoy it.
We pray for those who are homeless or who do not have loved ones with whom they will gather. Provide for their needs, Lord, and lead them to You.
How could I ever thank You enough for all You have done? I can't. But I will praise and thank You throughout the day today on this day we have marked for giving thanks.
Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment