Lord,
When the storms of life surround us, we can run to You, our strong defense and safety, and know that nothing will happen to us that is outside Your control. If Satan brings lies, rejection, and destruction to our lives, we still do not have to fear because You are stronger than Satan.
So I give You my heart today so that I will not fear.
Since You are the One who provides all my needs, I will not fear when the bills come and it seems there is not enough money to meet the demands of life. If I am being a good steward of the financial resources You have entrusted to me, You will supply what I need. Not necessarily what I want, but what I need. You can make my little extend to what I need.
I will not fear if people I love get sick because You are the One who knit our bodies together and You know how to heal them. Even if they succumb to death, I still do not have to fear because You are stronger than death, and You will give eternal life to those who trust in You. Someday I will see them again.
I will not fear national instability, terrorism, or crime because You are my safety. You hold our nation in the world in the palm of Your hand. Yes, there will be factions, tumults, skirmishes, and even wars because we live in a world where Satan has the power to kill and destroy. He loves it when we hate one another and destroy each other.
I will, however, fear You. You are the One who has ultimate authority. If You spoke the word, our nation, and even our world, would cease to exist. You are the One who holds my eternal existence in Your hand. It is You that I want to please above all else. So today I choose to fear only You.
Amen.
Photo: Bogota, Colombia. Sometimes when I'm in a strange city alone, I have to remind myself that even though I am alone, God holds me, and I do not need to be afraid.
When the storms of life surround us, we can run to You, our strong defense and safety, and know that nothing will happen to us that is outside Your control. If Satan brings lies, rejection, and destruction to our lives, we still do not have to fear because You are stronger than Satan.
So I give You my heart today so that I will not fear.
Since You are the One who provides all my needs, I will not fear when the bills come and it seems there is not enough money to meet the demands of life. If I am being a good steward of the financial resources You have entrusted to me, You will supply what I need. Not necessarily what I want, but what I need. You can make my little extend to what I need.
I will not fear if people I love get sick because You are the One who knit our bodies together and You know how to heal them. Even if they succumb to death, I still do not have to fear because You are stronger than death, and You will give eternal life to those who trust in You. Someday I will see them again.
I will not fear national instability, terrorism, or crime because You are my safety. You hold our nation in the world in the palm of Your hand. Yes, there will be factions, tumults, skirmishes, and even wars because we live in a world where Satan has the power to kill and destroy. He loves it when we hate one another and destroy each other.
I will, however, fear You. You are the One who has ultimate authority. If You spoke the word, our nation, and even our world, would cease to exist. You are the One who holds my eternal existence in Your hand. It is You that I want to please above all else. So today I choose to fear only You.
Amen.
Photo: Bogota, Colombia. Sometimes when I'm in a strange city alone, I have to remind myself that even though I am alone, God holds me, and I do not need to be afraid.
No comments:
Post a Comment