Lord,
I admire Mary. Her world changed in an instant when the angel Gabriel came with her announcement, but she surrendered to Your will and believed in the impossible.
Let me be like her. If I find out today or tomorrow that my world has changed, let me believe in Your best for me. If I have to lose my reputation in order that Yours might be magnified, let me do so with joy. If political forces in my country make life difficult for me as Caesar Augustus did for her, let me believe that You are orchestrating all things for the fulfillment of Your promises to me. If I am forced to sleep in unsanitary or dangerous conditions or to have my children there, let Your peace and light surround me so that I awake, still giving thanks to You.
Lord, this Christmas as I reflect on Mary, let my life be an example to others of the great things You can accomplish through those who are surrendered to You.
Amen.
I admire Mary. Her world changed in an instant when the angel Gabriel came with her announcement, but she surrendered to Your will and believed in the impossible.Let me be like her. If I find out today or tomorrow that my world has changed, let me believe in Your best for me. If I have to lose my reputation in order that Yours might be magnified, let me do so with joy. If political forces in my country make life difficult for me as Caesar Augustus did for her, let me believe that You are orchestrating all things for the fulfillment of Your promises to me. If I am forced to sleep in unsanitary or dangerous conditions or to have my children there, let Your peace and light surround me so that I awake, still giving thanks to You.
Lord, this Christmas as I reflect on Mary, let my life be an example to others of the great things You can accomplish through those who are surrendered to You.
Amen.
Photo by Phil Hearing on Unsplash
No comments:
Post a Comment