It's absolutely amazing, Lord, what a generous and gracious god You are. You pour blessings into our lives every day. You walk with us through our hard times, and You give strength when we are weak or too tired to think straight. You comfort us in our distress and turn our broken lives into something useful for You. Thank You.
Every other god of every other religion requires people to work their way into a relationship with You. You are the only One who realizes that we can never measure up. We never will. Even our good deeds are so often tainted with selfishness or pride. So You bridged the gap with the gift of grace, wrapped up in the swaddling bundle of Your Son. He came, not just to enter into our human existence, but to be the bridge between us and You.
So thank You for grace that overflows in abundance to those who believe - first, in bringing us into a relationship with You and also in giving us the power to obey. Without Your grace, I'd be lost, wandering without direction yet trying to make sense out of life myself.
I cannot conceive of trying to live without Your grace. Help me to lean into it, depending upon You for everything that I need. Help me to extend Your kind of grace to others so that they may learn to lean upon You as well.
Amen.
Photo: I bought this mug to remind me to focus on God's grace as my theme for the year.
Every other god of every other religion requires people to work their way into a relationship with You. You are the only One who realizes that we can never measure up. We never will. Even our good deeds are so often tainted with selfishness or pride. So You bridged the gap with the gift of grace, wrapped up in the swaddling bundle of Your Son. He came, not just to enter into our human existence, but to be the bridge between us and You.So thank You for grace that overflows in abundance to those who believe - first, in bringing us into a relationship with You and also in giving us the power to obey. Without Your grace, I'd be lost, wandering without direction yet trying to make sense out of life myself.
I cannot conceive of trying to live without Your grace. Help me to lean into it, depending upon You for everything that I need. Help me to extend Your kind of grace to others so that they may learn to lean upon You as well.
Amen.
Photo: I bought this mug to remind me to focus on God's grace as my theme for the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment