Lord,
I love Christmas hymns. I love the hope and joy they portray. I love the way they help us understand the amazing gift that You sent us that first Christmas.
But yesterday as I sang the familiar hymn, "O Come, All Ye Faithful," I wondered about those who do not feel like they are faithful but struggling. What about those who do not feel joyful, but sad? And what about those who are not triumphant, but struggling?
So today, I just want to pray for those who are struggling, sad or suppressed this Christmas. Would You invade their lives this Christmas? Help them to adore You this Christmas in spite of the heavy burdens they carry. Then, as they worship You, let their spirits be transformed so that they have hope again.
Lord God, please give them Your joy, Your comfort, Your grace and Your peace this Christmas. Let them find joy in Jesus, comfort in the Holy Spirit, and peace from You, our Heavenly Father.
Amen.
I love Christmas hymns. I love the hope and joy they portray. I love the way they help us understand the amazing gift that You sent us that first Christmas.
So today, I just want to pray for those who are struggling, sad or suppressed this Christmas. Would You invade their lives this Christmas? Help them to adore You this Christmas in spite of the heavy burdens they carry. Then, as they worship You, let their spirits be transformed so that they have hope again.
Lord God, please give them Your joy, Your comfort, Your grace and Your peace this Christmas. Let them find joy in Jesus, comfort in the Holy Spirit, and peace from You, our Heavenly Father.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment