Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

Today I celebrate You!

I celebrate Your coming. You came to poor Jewish shepherds and rich Gentile wise men. You came in lowliness. Your first crib was a manger, yet You were heralded by a heavenly host. A special star guided the caravan from the East. Your mother and Your earthly father were not rich, but they were rich in their faith and submission to You.

Before the foundation of the world, before Adam and Eve ever sinned, You planned this. You planned a way to give hope to the world and peace to those who follow You. You planned a way to pull us out of our sin-sick existence. You made it possible for us to enter into a relationship with You.

So thank You for planning something so humble, yet so magnificent at the same time. No matter how old I get, I will never lose the wonder of the story of Your birth.

Thank You for being my Savior.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment