Lord,
My friend is dying. She has known You and loved You in this life. Soon she will see You face to face. This song came to mind as I prayed for her earlier today. "When I tread the verge of Jordan, bid my anxious fears subside. Death of deaths and hell's destruction, land me safe on Canaan's side." Lord, if she is experiencing any fear, calm those. Let her know that You will bear her safely to the other side where she will get to see You face to face.
For those who are being left behind, would You overcome their intense sorrow with solid joy? She has filled her purpose in this life. Her work here is almost over. Let them rejoice in a life well-lived. Let them see her death from heaven's perspective. She was made for a purpose here on earth, but ultimately, she was created to spend eternity with You.
Her family and friends will grieve the loss of her presence. Fill that void with Your own powerful presence. Let them find refuge in You during their intense times of grief. Let happy memories of her life permeate their sorrow. Give them gratitude for the relationship they had with her.
Thank You, Lord, for her life. Thank You for creating her. Thank You for saving
her. Thank You that I got to know her on this earth. Thank You that I will see her again one day in heaven.
Amen.
Photo: Whenever I fly, I am reminded again of how insignificant I am and what a truly awesome God we have. Life can be good, but eternity with our powerful God will be so much better.
My friend is dying. She has known You and loved You in this life. Soon she will see You face to face. This song came to mind as I prayed for her earlier today. "When I tread the verge of Jordan, bid my anxious fears subside. Death of deaths and hell's destruction, land me safe on Canaan's side." Lord, if she is experiencing any fear, calm those. Let her know that You will bear her safely to the other side where she will get to see You face to face.
Her family and friends will grieve the loss of her presence. Fill that void with Your own powerful presence. Let them find refuge in You during their intense times of grief. Let happy memories of her life permeate their sorrow. Give them gratitude for the relationship they had with her.
Thank You, Lord, for her life. Thank You for creating her. Thank You for saving
her. Thank You that I got to know her on this earth. Thank You that I will see her again one day in heaven.
Amen.
Photo: Whenever I fly, I am reminded again of how insignificant I am and what a truly awesome God we have. Life can be good, but eternity with our powerful God will be so much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment