Friday, November 1, 2019

Praise from Psalm 65

With praise, I come to honor You. I fulfill my promise to present my gifts of praise.

When I was overcome by the awfulness of my sin, You drew me near to Yourself. You paid the debt I owe.

Still, I am jealous of those You choose to draw nearest to Yourself. I, too, want to know You and be filled up by You. I need to see You respond to my prayers. Open my eyes to see the answers You give.

You are my Savior, my Hope, and my powerful Creator. You made the mountains, the volcanos, the white sandy beaches, calm azure seas, and the intricate coral and marine life that thrives beneath their surface.

You calm and divert hurricanes. You calmed mobs during the revolution so that those living far away heard about it. When morning dawned without bloodshed, the people rejoiced and praised You.

In the middle of a drought, You hear the cries of Your people and sustain them. Finally, when the rain comes, it is You who commands the soft, cooling showers that drench the land and refresh Your people. And when the land produces its crops again and the economy improves, we will praise You again.

You are so good to us. We praise and thank You for Your goodness.

Amen.


(This I wrote many years ago, after the People's Revolution in the Philippines. It is based on Psalm 65. The photo was taken in the Luzon mountains of the Philippines near Baguio.)

No comments:

Post a Comment