Lord God,
I need so much today. Please give me what I need from Your inexhaustible riches of mercy, truth, grace, love, freedom, forgiveness, hope, joy, gladness, patience, peace, and whatever else that You know I need today.
Please give me Your strength and power through the working of Your Holy Spirit. I want Christ to be at home in my heart, so everything I do needs to be things that He would love.
Please give me a stability that is grounded in love. I want to be able to grasp how immense Your love is for me and to experience that love in my own life. I am so lacking in love for others. Please give me Your love for them so that they will know how great You truly are.
I want to be filled up with the fullness of God. I don't fully understand what that means, but I do want to be filled by You. I don't want friends, work, money, power, or prestige to be what fills me. I want You to be the One who wholly satisfies me.
I also need a repentant heart. If I am holding back something from You, take it from my clutching hands. Break through the blindness that makes me think that it's more valuable than You are.
O God, I have experienced so much joy from knowing You, but I want to know You even more. My present desire is not enough. I want to grow in my capacity to know and love You.
You are more valuable than anything I know. Thank You that You make my life worth living.
Amen.
Photo: In Arequipa, Peru, the view from the bottom of these stairs is nice, but the view once you go through the arch is even better. The view I have of God is wonderful, but I am convinced there is so much more than what I understand.
I need so much today. Please give me what I need from Your inexhaustible riches of mercy, truth, grace, love, freedom, forgiveness, hope, joy, gladness, patience, peace, and whatever else that You know I need today.
Please give me Your strength and power through the working of Your Holy Spirit. I want Christ to be at home in my heart, so everything I do needs to be things that He would love.
Please give me a stability that is grounded in love. I want to be able to grasp how immense Your love is for me and to experience that love in my own life. I am so lacking in love for others. Please give me Your love for them so that they will know how great You truly are.
I want to be filled up with the fullness of God. I don't fully understand what that means, but I do want to be filled by You. I don't want friends, work, money, power, or prestige to be what fills me. I want You to be the One who wholly satisfies me.
O God, I have experienced so much joy from knowing You, but I want to know You even more. My present desire is not enough. I want to grow in my capacity to know and love You.
You are more valuable than anything I know. Thank You that You make my life worth living.
Amen.
Photo: In Arequipa, Peru, the view from the bottom of these stairs is nice, but the view once you go through the arch is even better. The view I have of God is wonderful, but I am convinced there is so much more than what I understand.
No comments:
Post a Comment