May the thoughts of my mind and my heart's own desire
Be music to You like trumpet or lyre.
May the deeds I perform as I go on my way
Add measure and rhythm to things that I say.
May my steps be so light they engage in a prance
To couple the song of my life with a dance.
May the words that I say be spoken in time
To music in life, thus adding the rhyme.
May my mornings and evenings and noontimes too
Be filled with my singing and worship of You.
May I render to You, Lord, throughout all my days,
A symphony of love and a sacrifice of praise.
(Sometimes, poems are prayers. This one was written after reflecting on Psalm 150.)
Photo: Autumn on the coast of Maine.
Be music to You like trumpet or lyre.
Add measure and rhythm to things that I say.
May my steps be so light they engage in a prance
To couple the song of my life with a dance.
May the words that I say be spoken in time
To music in life, thus adding the rhyme.
May my mornings and evenings and noontimes too
Be filled with my singing and worship of You.
May I render to You, Lord, throughout all my days,
A symphony of love and a sacrifice of praise.
(Sometimes, poems are prayers. This one was written after reflecting on Psalm 150.)
Photo: Autumn on the coast of Maine.
No comments:
Post a Comment