Father,
Why would I think that I can possibly do well at work today without asking for You to go with me? How can I meet the day with fresh power if I have not first spent time with You, basking in Your presence?
Keep me from hurrying ahead of You today. Keep me from lagging behind. Keep me in step with Your Spirit. Help me to set realistic goals that come from You. Then help me to reach them. Keep me from running around in meaningless circles.
Let me be a light today. Let me shine in my corner of the world with the light that You have given me.
Let me burn with compassion when that is needed and with justice when that is required. Give me wisdom to meet each circumstance correctly and to treat people the way You would want.
And when the day at work is over, let me look to You for Your opinion of how well I did because, after all, You are my real boss.
In Jesus' name and for His glory, I ask this.
Amen.
Why would I think that I can possibly do well at work today without asking for You to go with me? How can I meet the day with fresh power if I have not first spent time with You, basking in Your presence?
Keep me from hurrying ahead of You today. Keep me from lagging behind. Keep me in step with Your Spirit. Help me to set realistic goals that come from You. Then help me to reach them. Keep me from running around in meaningless circles.Let me be a light today. Let me shine in my corner of the world with the light that You have given me.
Let me burn with compassion when that is needed and with justice when that is required. Give me wisdom to meet each circumstance correctly and to treat people the way You would want.
And when the day at work is over, let me look to You for Your opinion of how well I did because, after all, You are my real boss.
In Jesus' name and for His glory, I ask this.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment