Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Prayer for Strength

Lord, I come to you this morning looking for strength from You. I am tired and weak. You never grow tired or weary and Your strength never fails. Without You, I cannot do the things that I need to do today. So I come, looking for Your strength and power to do what I cannot. All day today, I want to rely on Your strength and power.

I am not the only one who needs strength today. So many of my brothers and sisters feel the same way. Some of us are feeling weak physically. We need strength from You just to meet the tasks of today. Others are feeling weak emotionally. Life has beaten us down and we need You in order to be able to forgive the hurts we’ve received and move ahead in the strength that You supply. Some are feeling weak spiritually, caught in the lies of Satan. Deliver us, Lord, and give strength to rise up and follow You today.

We come this morning, waiting on You. When we wait on You, You renew our strength. You enable us to rise on the wings of eagles and soar on the winds of Your Spirit.

Thank You, Lord, that You are our strength. You are a refuge in times of trouble. You are the One who will protect us from the lies of Satan. You give us strength when we am weak.

So today, in the power You give through the grace of Jesus Christ, I rise and follow You into this day, trusting that Your strength will be there throughout the day, whenever I ask You for it.

Amen.


Photo: Whenever I fly, I am reminded of the huge power that God has. The airplane's engine and aerodynamics lift a very heavy object into the sky. But they are a miniscule fraction of the power and strength that God has.

No comments:

Post a Comment